Today, we rejoice in the world of indie, and a few bloggers and fans are choosing today to share their favourite indie brands and manis.
Out of all the madness, malarkey and yes, mentality of this week, I have been overjoyed to see so many fans coming together to support indies. If you've never tried an indie before, please don't let the Mentality crap put you off - indies in general are amazing, crazily-gifted ladies (and a few men) who understand great customer service and will bend over backwards to be helpful.
I thought long and hard about which way to go with today's post, and in the end I decided to share a mani from MY favourite indie brand, Literary Lacquers. Here are a few reasons why I love this brand -
- great product. Amazing colours, mixes, finishes, as well as that fabulous literary theme
- good price point
- great quality - good brush, lasts decently, no sinking glitters etc
- holos to die for, and Amy's special holo trademark, a unique glitter and holo mix that's just g-g-g-gorgeous
- a maker who genuinely loves her customers and encourages interaction. Amy's is the first "fan" group I remember on Facebook and she uses it to genuinely connect with her fans, run competitions and invite ideas. It's a lovely, friendly place, with exactly the right sort of vibe
- super customer service. You're not a number to Amy, you're a PERSON, and she treats you like a friend
I've been VERY lucky, and I have swatched for Amy for 2, 2 and a half years now. That means I get to experience most of her amazing products for free. However, I started out as a buyer and a fan, and I am still a buyer and a fan. If she releases exclusives, I *still* go to her shop for them, and I am NEVER disappointed.
Today is not the time or the place to show you my favourite Literary Lacquer polishes. It IS the time to explain why Indies are awesome, and show you a lovely mani done with 2 of Amy's polishes.
You have been watching a painted gradient of Blue Lullaby over Thermofish, with white stamped swirls from MoYou Sailor 07.
Literary Lacquers Etsy shop
Literary Lacquers Facebook page
Literary & Lacquers Fan Group (Facebook)