Today is a magical day in CrumpetLand. Forever, my nail art problem has been a lack of precision, and a lack of a tool that could give me a thin enough line. Well today ..... that problem is solved - HURRAH !!!
Welcome to the new nail art pens from Barry and his M. I think he MUST have invented them just for me, because they do EVERYTHING I've ever wanted a nail art pen to do. I love Barry :)
Just before we dive in, this is a "quick and dirty" mani. My nails are still in a mess and I didn't have much time, so I threw this together. Over the next few weeks, I'll be doing some much more professional art with these pens, but the goal was to give you a glimpse of what they could do as quickly as possible.
For all the nails I used 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and then sponged on some Barry M Blood Orange. The pens come in black, white, silver and pink, so I wanted a base that would suit all 4 colours.
For each nail, I just doodled :) I also tried to do things that I had failed to achieve with brushes and other tools and TA DAH holy miracle of nail art, Barry worked every time :)
So, a few answers to questions -
- no, these are not squeezy pens like Models Own or the ones you can get on eBay
- yes, you get a really thin line. We all know I am not precise, so if I can achieve this, think what you can achieve!
- they're a little like a felt tip pen to use, but a thinnish one
- to get them started, you have to press the nib down a few times, like you do with those metallic writing pens
- they are very similar to the Sally Hansen nail art pens - but, imo, better. I found the SH pens ripped up my mani, but I was using these 10 mins after I applied top coat, with no issues at all.
So, colour me super impressed! This has opened up a whole new world of nail art for me ... maybe it's time to try the dreaded tribal again ha ha.
I have no doubt these are going to be a roaring success, and I can't wait til more colours get added to the range. I mean, c'mon, there's no purple???!!! Barry, shame on you :)
These products were sent to me for an honest review. Launch dates for the above products are: Superdrug April 10th & Boots April 17th. Products will also launch on barrym.com on April 10th and will be announced on our Social Media Channels:
Enjoy xx :)