Today's guest post comes from one of the loveliest people I know - Jacki of Adventures In Acetone. Not only is she lovely, modest and mother to 2 of the cutest children who ever lived, she also does spectacular nail art that I can only dream of. Everything she does seems so effortless and beautiful and perfect. Grrrrrr :)
Hello, all of you lovely readers of The Crumpet! I'm Jacki from Adventures In Acetone! Isn't Debbie the writer of one of the most fun blogs to read in the nail polish community? I am super honored to be writing this guest post for you all so thank you for being here!
This manicure was a huge hit on Instagram (@adventuresinacetone) a few weeks ago so I decided it deserved a proper blog post to explain how easy these are to recreate on your own nails! Color-shifting polishes and glitters have always been high on my "love to wear" category and this combo is no exception.
The color change was best photographed out of the direct light as shown above.
Here is how I did it:
- I started out with one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black.
- Next, I added two coats of Ozotic 505 (a sheer color shifting polish).
- Then, I added one coat of Ninja Polish Hydra (a dense color shifting glitter).
- For the butterfly wing pattern, I used my own Butterfly Wing Tutorial and Sinful Colors Black on Black. (here's a tip: If you don't think you can free hand the wings, Nailz Craze has a stamp image that is very similar HERE!)
- Lastly, I used a dotting tool and Illamasqua Seance to add some dots.
- Seche Vite was used as the top coat.
What do you think? Will you try to recreate this design? I hope you liked my post and that our dear Debbie continues to enjoy her break so she can hopefully come back soon with some awesome future posts! Thanks for reading!
And a HUGE HUG and THANK YOU to Debbie for having me! xoxo