Happy Sunday!! I hope you’re having a relaxing weekend. As a lot of you know, Friday was my birthday, and I wanted to do some epic nails for the day. I even made sure the GOT Polish prompt was purple so that I could be all colour co-ordinated.
I was very smitten with a mani that Chalkboard nails did a couple of weeks ago – HERE – and couldn’t get it out of my head. In the end, I didn’t go for a copycat mani, but it was definitely my jumping off point.
I decided it was a great excuse to use some of my favourite purples, and used 11, plus the gold. Sadly, it’s not my Top 11 purples because I decided to exclude glitters and holos.
Let’s run through the combos first –
· Base polish – Cult Nails My Kind of Cool Aid – all time classic perfect lilac!
· Thumb – Wet n Wild Buffy The Violet Slayer and Contrary Polish Purple Smoke
· Index – OPI Grape Set and Match and OPI You’re Such a Budapest – tonally, I don’t think Budapest worked
· Middle – China Glaze Let’s Groove (sooooo under-rated) and OPI Planks A Lot which was too similar to the base polish – you can barely see it lol
· Ring – Rimmel Punk Rock and Indigo Bananas Hole In The Sky
· Pinkie – OPI Who Are You Wearing and Sally Hansen Delphinium
· Gold – OPI Love Angel Music Baby
Overall, I love the mani, and I am really chuffed I tried something more intricate, even though it’s not perfect. It’s funny what the camera picks up – in the photos all I see is how the under-locking near the cuticle looks like I’ve missed something in clean up!
I had to matte this because there was just no seeing the pattern when it was glossy – mainly because a lot of the colours are so similar. I prefer the darker nails – they definitely have more drama – and if I was going to do it again, I’d keep to that colour scheme.