And so to my final mani of DD week. To all the girls I didn't recreate, I still love you, but I only had 5 manis, and there have been so many of you.
Today I honour a lovely lady who has been part of DD since the beginning, Katee from A Girl and Her Polish. I've seen Katee's style evolve over the years, and these days she's pretty much a double stamping queen.
When she did this mani, I squealed because it was so perfect. It also comes from Childhood Week (the theme which bookends my week) and it honours books - a passion we both share. Here's Katee's mani -
Obviously, I wanted to personalise the mani a little, so I took Katee's style, and mixed it up a little to be truer to me. Here's how it looked before the top layer.
The base images are a history of my love affair with books -
- thumb - childhood craft books, using Cici & Sisi 05
- index - witches and magic, an obsession, and the root of my childhood reading, using MoYou Festive 16
- middle - shelves of books! the story of my life :) using Vivid Lacquer VL029
- ring - fingerprint - I love thrillers, it's my favourite genre - Vivid Lacquer VL009
- thumb - money - I love robberies, heists, the intellectual puzzling of the perfect financial crime - Cici & Sisi 12
I then used the Live Love Laugh motif from BM-405 on top of my bases. That's what books help us do - live other people's lives, fall in love, laugh - it's life, all on paper.
I had an absolute blast creating this mani, and actually, it turned out to be my favourite of the week. I hope you've enjoyed this week as much as we have.